Dr. Rebecca Gonzalez-Ehnes,
Associate Professor at UNCP
- Ph.D. in Business Administration with Finance Concentration — University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, 2009
- MBA — University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, 2002
- BBA in Finance — University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, 2000
- Ph.D. from AACSB-Accredited university, 2009
- Tenured and Promoted at UNCP, 2015
- Became Assurance of Learning Director, 2017
What do you think is the biggest challenge that educators face today?
The negative impact of social media and litigious society.
In which online programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Behavioral Finance, Personal Financial Planning, Managerial Finance
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy sharing what I've learned over the years with others. I find it rewarding to see students excited when they're finally able to comprehend topics they once found challenging.
What advice would you give to those considering the UNCP online MBA program?
Stay focused, don't fall behind and don't forget to build relationships with your classmates. Networking opportunities abound in MBA programs.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I was an immigrant farm worker as a child. Those experiences helped motivate me with my academic pursuits.