Accreditation & Accolades
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The Educator Preparations Programs at UNCP are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
- Ranked #73 among “Regional Universities South” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #18 among the “Top Performers on Social Mobility” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #31 among “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities South” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #9 among “Best 1-Year Online MBAs for 2021” by College Consensus
- Recognized by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) as one of 13 Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions (NASNTI) that have been successful in advancing Native American student persistence and academic success, especially in maintaining relatively high graduation rates as well as low or no disparities in attainment outcomes between their American Indian and other students