Accreditation & Accolades
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Questions about the accreditation of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The Educator Preparations Programs at UNCP are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
- Ranked #7 among “Most Affordable AACSB Online MBA Programs” by GetEducated (2023)
- Ranked #40 among “Best Online Master’s in Elementary Education Degrees” by Best Accredited Colleges (2023)
- Ranked #73 among “Regional Universities South” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #18 among the “Top Performers on Social Mobility” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #31 among “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities South” by U.S. News & World Report (2021)
- Ranked #9 among “Best 1-Year Online MBAs for 2021” by College Consensus
- Recognized by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) as one of 13 Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions (NASNTI) that have been successful in advancing Native American student persistence and academic success, especially in maintaining relatively high graduation rates as well as low or no disparities in attainment outcomes between their American Indian and other students